Cabinet replacement can be expensive. You can save thousands of dollars by using staining and resurfacing techniques to update your existing kitchen cabinets and make them look like beautiful showpieces. If you want to spruce up the kitchen space that too spending little then try these budget-friendly tips to get started.
- Resurfacing: You have three choices to resurface your kitchen cabinets: laminate, wood veneers, and rigid thermofoils (RTFs). They can be placed over the existing cabinet boxes. Laminate is durable and you get too many color options in it. Wood grains in the RTF category look much more realistic. Wood-veneer cabinets create a streamlined look.
- Staining: Staining process first requires sanding off the existing finish. You can choose different stain colors depending on your existing kitchen design. Combine the stain with polyurethane for a more finished look.
- Stencil Treatment: Give old cabinets a new look with the stencil treatment. Stencils come in hues of styles and shapes. Stenciling using right colors and designs can transform your cabinet doors into a breathtaking mural.
- Wallpaper: Glass-front door cabinets can be given a subtle pattern with wallpapers. Geometric-print wallpapers elevate simple cabinet contents into works of art.
- Painting: Remove the doors of the upper cabinets and paint the interior surface with a rich accent color to spice up the kitchen even more. This will turn your old cabinet into modern custom kitchen cabinet.
Explore your options for a cabinet makeover to give your kitchen a stylish facelift!